COACHES AND PARENTS - BE SURE TO CHECK BACK WEDNESDAY NIGHT FOR SCHEDULE UPDATES
|Address:||5435 28th St Ct SE|
|City & State:||Grand Rapids MI|
|Team Registration:||$225.00 - $500.00|
|Director Name:||Chris Ponce|
|Seeding Rules:||Head to Head, Point Differential, Lowest Defensive Points Allowed|
ADULT ADMISSION - $10 DAILY (OR A $30 WEEKEND PASS)
STUDENT ADMISSION - $5 DAILY (OR A $10 WEEKEND PASS), KIDS 10 AND UNDER ARE FREE
EACH TEAM MUST PROVIDE A SCOREKEEPER/TIMEKEEPER
FIRST TEAM LISTED IS HOME/WEARS LIGHT JERSEYS
REFUND POLICY - NO REFUNDS WILL BE ISSUED AFTER THE REGISTRATION DEADLINE
Check-In Information (11u-13u)
CHECK-IN SITE: (CORNERSTONE UNIVERSITY - 1001 East Beltline NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49525)
Check-In Information (14u-17u)
CHECK- IN SITE: (MSA WOODLAND - 2100 28th St SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49508)
-Please allow enough time for check-in.
-If you Do not check-in prior to your first game, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PLAY!
NCAA Roster Information for Coaches Check-in
1. NCAA Team Rosters will be locked by this Wednesday evening, 11:59 PM via bbcs.org.
* If a player is not on the “locked” NCAA Team Roster, the player will be ineligible to compete this weekend.
* If a coach is not on the “locked” NCAA Team Roster, the coach will be ineligible to coach this weekend.
* You will not be able to add any player or coach to a “locked” roster after 11:59 PM on Wednesday.
* During Team Check-in we will use the “locked” NCAA Team Roster (players & coaches) to verify eligibility.
* Please ensure coaches bring a form of identification for check-in to receive coaches pass. (ie: ID/Driver’s License/Passport).
2. Coach Check In - If you want to sit on the bench or coach you must be NCAA Certified. You will need to check in before your first game to get your credentials. Please allow yourself enough time and go to a CHECK IN. If you show up to coach and DO NOT have the proper identification our staff will NOT allow you to coach. We will provide a pass for Head Coach, and 2 assistant coaches.
3. Gym Sites - Please know where your game is located and be there early, games may start early.
4. Rules - Please understand the Rules. Home team is listed first in pool play or on top of bracket(wear light uniform).
5. EVENT APP FOR SCHEDULE AND SCORES - DOWNLOAD THE GYM RATS APP ON YOUR PHONE
7. Scores - These will ONLY be updated online.
8. Ejection Rule - If a player or coach gets ejected they will NOT be allowed to play in next game.
NEW NCAA COACHING REQUIREMENTS - APPLY EARLY!!!
Please be aware of the NEW NCAA Requirements for teams participating in NCAA-Certified Tournaments. This process is much lengthier than it has been in the past - START NOW to get certified before the viewing period begins!!!
All of the steps below must be completed by 14U-17U teams in order to participate. Teams without approved coaches and rosters on the NCAA BBCS will not be allowed to participate in NCAA-certified events.
REMINDER: Teams who have not completed all of the above steps WILL NOT be allowed to participate in this tournament.
In an effort to make travel easier, Best of the Midwest, Brawl for the Ball and the WM Sports Commission have partnered to create a 'Stay to Play' policy for this event.
In an effort to make your travel and stay, in Grand Rapids, as efficient and easy as possible, please make your hotel (teams and coaches) accommodations for our event through TBD Travel Service. This is a complimentary service that makes securing your rooms quick and easy. It is required that teams book their housing through this service to ensure placement in this tournament. Team and individual reservations can be made online or by phone.
TBD Travel Services
Toll Free – 855-TEAMTVL
2017 Best of The Midwest offers the following divisions. Check back daily for updates and changes to the schedule before the event starts.
The following documents can be viewed, printed, or downloaded. Check back daily for updates and changes to the schedule before the event starts.